Skip to main content

Mobile Structures/Units

Disposal of Mobile Structures/Units Policy

The Gallatin Solid Waste Management District allows the disposal of abandoned and/or uninhabitable structures such as mobile homes, camp trailers, titled and taxed personal or real property at Logan Landfill. The purpose of this program is to provide for proper disposal of such structures for owners that can be safely transported intact to the Logan Landfill.

In order to qualify for this program, the following guidelines have been established and will be adhered to:

  • The Department of Revenue needs to be contacted.
  • Mobile Home Disposal Form: must be completed and recevied prior to receiving the ítem for disposal at the Logan Landfill.
  • Owners must present documentation of ownership at the time of application in the form of a title or bill of sale.
  • A Mobile Home Moving Permit shall be obtained from the Gallatin County Treasurer’s Office.
  • Proof that all current and delinquent taxes are paid from the County where property was taxed. In Gallatin County, the Gallatin County Treasurer’s Office.
  • The Landfill Structure Disposal Form, the moving permit, with proof taxes have been paid, must accompany the mobile home/structures, etc. to the landfill. The landfill will not accept the item into the staging area without these documents, unless management has been contacted and approved other alternatives.
  • All units with appliances and tires must be removed. They can be disposed of separately in another area, for an additional charge.
  • Due to special handling requirements mobile homes will only be accepted at the Logan Landfill during the following operating hours: Monday through Friday 8:30 am to 3:30 pm. Mobile Homes will not be accepted on Saturdays or holidays unless prior arrangements have been made with the management.

Call If proper paperwork cannot be attained, contact the District Manager at 406.582.2492, to discuss possible alternatives.

The following department’s resources are available to help get the paperwork needed:

Moving Permit & Current Paid Taxes in Gallatin County:

Gallatin County Treasurer
311 W. Main, Rm 210 Bozeman, MT 59715
406.582.3030 Fax: 406.582.3037
State of Montana – Department of Revenue Assessor/Appraisal Office

Local Field Office:
2273 Boothill Court
Bozeman, MT 59715
406.582.3400 Fax: 406.582.3420

a Pre-1977 Mobile Home Ownership Change Request form can be obtained online or at the Department of Revenue Property Assessment Division for pre 1977 mobile homes that do not have title. The completed document will transfer ownership and taxes of the mobile home.

An Affidavit/Application for Title with Insufficient Evidence of Ownership or Bonded Certificate of Title can be obtained online or at the Montana Department of Motor Vehicle Division Title and Registration Bureau.

1003 Buckskin Dr.
Deer Lodge, MT 59722-2375
406.846.6000 Fax: 406.846.6039

Download the policy
Mobile Home Disposal Form: Please complete this form in advance and bring it with you during your visit to Logan Landfill.

mobile structures policy.pdfmobile structure disposal form.pdf

Mobile Structures fee schedule:
Fits on scale              $58/ton
Bigger than scale     $600/piece
(Must be smaller than 10′ x 80′ to fit on scale)